There is significant power in reflection when it comes to personal and professional success. Reflecting on our past helps us learn, identify patterns, and uncover missed opportunities.
That's why before leaping into planning and goal setting for the year it’s important to allow yourself the time to reflect.
Any high performing individual, no matter their profession, will take the time to reflect on the past year, what worked and what didn’t, so they can move into the next one with confidence.
We’ve gathered some of our favourite reflecting questions that will help you get a clear insight of how the year went; the special moments and the things you might want to leave in the past, so that you can be your best self.
Find a quiet space, grab a piece of paper, your journal, and settle in to look back to leap forward.
Questions to help you reflect on 2022
- What made you the happiest?
- Where did you succeed the most?
- Where did you fail?
- What are the biggest challenges you overcame?
- What are you most proud of?
- What was your best investment?
- What was the best book or podcast you consumed? Why?
- Who are the people you couldn’t have gotten through the year without?
- How did I treat myself when it came to my mental health, physical health, spiritual health. and emotional well-being?
- What should I stop doing?
- What can I be grateful for?
- What can I start doing?
A year-end review helps you prepare a new path for your future. It is the things we learn about ourselves that help us move forward into our success.
Once you’ve done this you can start to plan your goals for the year. The nature of your role will dictate how you set your goals - this article from last year is a great place to start.
Here’s to a happy and healthy year ahead!
At Place, we take the time to guide our people through reflecting and goal setting so that they can reach their personal and professional goal. If you’re interested in having a confidential discussion about what a life at Place could look like for you, please do not hesitate to reach out to our friendly career and development team.
Check out our latest opportunities here or subscribe to the newsletter below for all things career and development.